Faithchick Marilynn Griffith

Marilynn Griffith blogs on Faithchick.com, and she has authored the Shades of Style series and the Sassy Sistahood series. Her latest release is Rhythms of Grace.

If you’ve seen Tyler Perry’s movies, you may have seen one of Marilynn’s books used as a prop. “One of her novels, If the Shoe Fits, served as a prop in Tyler Perry's box office hit Why Did I Get Married? (The mistress has a book in her hand at the beginning of the scene where Jill Scott is forced off the plane.”

Marilynn speaks to women’s groups and writers’ groups. If you’re a writer, you could meet her at a writer’s conference. She has served among the faculty at many writers conferences and has served as Vice President of American Christian Fiction Writers. I met her at Mount Hermon Writers Conference where she was teaching a workshop and I was getting lost among the unpublished. Her wide toothy grin put me at ease and made me feel at home with someone who loves Jesus.

This August, she took part in the Soul Expressions Book Tour with Angela Benson, Victoria Christopher Murray, Kimberla Lawson Roby, Allison Hobbs, Donna Hill, Seven, Rochelle Alers, L. Divine, Brenda Jackson, Beverly Jenkins, Earl Sewell, Geneva Holliday, and Wahida Clark.

On her website is a link to her blog. On her blog is a video of Howard Hewitt singing a song that Marilynn says Sean, her hero in Rhythms of Grace, hears in his head when he goes to sleep. I listened to the song on her blog. Nice. I could listen to it again. I think the songs on her blog give her readers an opportunity to get into the Rhythms of Grace mood. After listening to the different songs on her blog, I wanted to reach over to the novel and read it. Unfortunately, I haven’t bought it yet. It’s a good thing Christmas is coming - and it’s on my wish list.

“Marilynn Griffith is a wife to a deacon, mom to a tribe and proof that God gives second chances. When she’s not trying to park her van straight or find someone a clean shirt, she writes novels about faith, friendship, and forgiveness and speaks to women and writers about reaching their dreams.”

No comments: