Thanksgiving

I love being with my family at Thanksgiving. God has blessed me with a very loving family and many good friends.

There are many things for which I am thankful. Most of all, I'm thankful for God's patience with me. He's helped me develop a relationship with Him and He's taught me about Himself.

That relationship has helped me in other relationships. I've been able to see through the anger to the hurt beneath it in some people. I don't take things as a personal attack if God is able to make me see beyond the immediate emotion. If I allow God to guide me, I can speak words of peace. I can be used by God if I'll keep my eyes on Him.

God has shown me love and expects me to show His love to others.

I'm not perfect, but as long as I remember that God is my Teacher, I can continue to learn. I can have patience with others because I've seen His patience with me. I ask for patience from others because of my weaknesses and failures.

There is a situation in my family that has family members sitting at the edge of their chairs waiting for a happy resolution. We all want the hearts healed. We all want the rebirth of joy.

Other families have situations that call for a cover of love, a show of mercy, and a flood of patience. We all have moments when we must forgive or ask forgiveness. It is our job as God's people to go beyond who we think we are. We must be the people God created us to be.

We must reach beyond ourselves and allow God to strengthen us in our weaknesses.

This Thanksgiving, I thank God for letting me know that I'm not expected to do everything right. But I do have to do my best.

Thank You God, that You have invited me to have a relationship with You. Thanks for giving me the desire to write. Thank You for the love You've given me through my family and friends.

Have a happy Thanksgiving one and all!

No comments: