Work, work, work

Thought for the day: If you never practice the piano, you'll never play in Carnegie Hall.

I feel like a character in a book. I have a goal, but I also have conflict. In order to achieve the goal, I must push through the conflict. I have to work out a plan. I have to be desperate enough to keep at it until I suceed.

If my characters don't feel the goal is necessary, they fade into the page and become nothing. If the goal is absolutely necessary, they will do anything to achieve it.

I have to keep working at writing. I keep learning and applying. I try this and that until I find that plan of attack that is most effective for me.

I don't mind working at writing. I love writing. It's the juggling that gets me.

God has given me a wonderful family, but they take a lot of my time. I do a lot for them, and they give me some time for writing. But just taking off one hat and putting on another several times a day gets me frustrated. I know many writers do much more than I do in any given day, but that knowledge doesn't really help me. Everyone has challenges.

I have to forget what others are accomplishing and focus on my tasks. I have to forget that the dryer is buzzing and finish my sentence. I have to forget about planning a summer vacation and focus on now.

I know I'll suceed as a writer because I know God called me to write. But I'll never be the writer God wants me to be unless I work at it right now.

No comments: