10 Blessings

I found this challenge on Jennifer Tizai's blog. I couldn't pass it up.

Share a little about:

1. a friend who has blessed me - My friend Julie walks with me for exercise when it isn't so hot outside. I need the encouragement to keep exercising - and she's there for me.

2. an unexpected gift - My neice Michelle called to pull advice from my 20 years of marriage since she's getting married in December. I was thrilled to be asked.

3. a kind word shared with me recently - My mom is always saying something nice to me about what she sees in my writing life, parenting, or other parts of my life. I'm blessed to have an encouraging mom.

4. something that makes me stop and praise God - I love to acknowledge what God is doing in my kids. My daughter recently decided that she needed to be baptized. We wanted to wait until the kids knew what was happening. Now she knows and will remember the day. I praise God for letting me see spiritual growth in my kids.

5. something I'm looking forward to - The ACFW conference is just a few weeks away. I will be seeing some people I've already met and some I'll meet for the first time. It's going to be a lot of fun.

6. the part of me that I'm pleased with - I'm determined to grow and mature in my writing. Some say I have a stubborn streak. Okay, anyone who knows me can see that I have a stubborn streak. I will push myself to achieve success in writing, no mattter how long it takes. I'll not be a slacker, that's for sure.

7. something in my life that I wanted but never expected - Because of the NON-quality installation of our shower when our house was being built a few years ago, we now have a new shower. Not only that, but the Man of the house decided to spring for a double-headed shower. Extreme coolness!

8. a place that moves me - The ocean quiets my soul and, at the same time, exhilarates me. I love being on sand, looking out at its expanse. I love being in a boat riding along with dolphins or whales. I love being in it and seeing the underwater wonders it holds. I've been scuba diving one time and found the experience to be an incredibly amazing gift from God.

9. one thing or person that always makes me smile - My husband is undoubtedly the one person who makes me smile most often. I think he doesn't like it when I gawk and say, "Man! You are so handsome!" Sometimes he makes me smile as a defense when I get in a growlly mood. I'm glad he realizes that laughter is the best medicine.

10. my most recent love note from God - I pray for my husband to receive guidance from God. So whenever my hubby tells me what God is leading him (which really means "us") into, I imagine a wink from God. I think God likes seeing me recognize His answers to my prayers. Recently, my hubby was led to make a change in our finances. I'm excited about God meeting our needs in new way.

Thanks, Jennifer, for reminding us to remember the ways God blesses us: through nature, through friendships, through family, and through that soul-filling wink from God.

No comments: