Going to Mount Hermon

I've been to a few writers' conferences, and I'll keep going. There are opportunities to learn in these places that cannot be matched.

I admire the teachers who give their time to help others improve their skills. I've learned from some best-selling authors, some award-winning authors, and some writing professionals I've never heard of before. Anyone interested in writing Christian Fiction should find a Christian writers' conference near them and take plenty of notes.

Mount Hermon isn't near me, but the effort and cost of getting there is worth it. I'll be re-reading my notes for weeks afterward. I usually hear more instruction than I can digest in one sitting.

I'll meet some people for the first time and get reacquainted with my writer friends. This time, I'm travelling with a friend from home. We can share our plans, talk about the workshops, and encourage each other.

I never know which speaker or even which day will mean the most to me. God always has unexpected treasures in store.

No comments: