Unexpected Treasures

I'm still working on the critiques I received from Mount Hermon Christian Writers' Conference. This year, I didn't try to pitch my novel to editors or agents, but only focused on accumulating as much wisdom as I could. Freelance novelists and freelance editors gave me information and encouragement. New friends visited and laughed with me at meals.

The weather was beautiful all week. But that was expected because of the forecast. What I didn't expect was the treasure I found in a woman I'd met only once before.

Her name is Barbara. She's fun, smart, kind, and quite talkative. Both of us had been wanting a critique partner and couldn't find someone that was the right fit. When a mutual friend could see what we couldn't, she suggested that we pair up. This unexpected treasure has me really looking forward to sharing our writing experiences, being critiqued, and seeing how fast our writing improves with weekly encouragement. I hope I'm able to bless her as much as she's blessed me.

I plan to work on my novels and develop my marketing plan until the day God sends the right agent and editor to me. My job is to prepare for that day. God will show me when I'm ready.

No comments: