Hearing God

Today's post on my Seek God With Me blog features a couple of sisters with different priorities. Who are they? If you guessed Martha and Mary, you're right.

Their priorities on the day Jesus came to visit has brought them much recognition. They had different goals, and both were set on achieving them. Martha and Mary remind me of another set of sisters.

My sister lived her youthful years with all the energy she had - and therefore got into a lot of trouble. I stayed quiet and learned what not to do. Now she's a pastor and I'm a mom and writer. She speaks to a lot of different people every week. I speak to the same three people every week. My sermon is more like, "Pick up your mess, please. Thank you. And get your shoes out of the middle of the floor." My sister lives alone so the only mess she has to pick up is her own.

But Martha and Mary had similarities too. They both loved Jesus. My sister and I do too.

Check out the post.

No comments: