Writing Christian Fiction

I write Christian Fiction. My stories can be further defined as Inspirational Romantic Suspense novels. If I want my stories to be described like that, they have to meet the criteria. I have to weave together a romance thread, a suspense thread, and a spiritual thread. The stories must have a lot of conflict in each of those threads, but all conflict must be resolved by the end.

Because I write Christian Fiction, the spiritual thread always shows the hero's and heroine's relationship with Almighty God. I try to write the characters' spiritual conflict being resolved in ways that are similar to what I've read in the Bible or similar to what I've experienced. So to bring the reader into my characters' spiritual problems in a way that feels real, I've been studying the fear of the Lord.

The Bible has a lot to say about the fear of the Lord. If you want to study along with me, check out my series on this topic at my Seek God With Me blog.

No comments: