Thanks For The Help

The ladies of my online critique group are busy producing. We're praying for each other. We're sending out pages to be critiqued and sending out finished critiques of everyone else's work.

Some of the ladies have full-time paying jobs. I have a full-time job that pays in affection. And don't worry, I make sure I'm well paid. My kids are sweet enough to give out bonus hugs too.

My husband pays me in an occasional night out or by helping me in the kitchen. He even does some of my chores so I'll have more time to work on my novel.

The critique group has found a few errors and asked important questions and challenged a word or two. But their attention to detail has helped me focus on the words that bring the story to life.

Many busy people are helping me achieve my goals, but my simple thank yous seem too small. So I wanted to take a moment to thank them.


I thank:

God... for calling me to the task of writing, for breathing His life into my story, and for giving me the determination to stay focused until I get published

My husband... for supporting my writing habit and for loving me through it all

My kids... for allowing me some quiet moments by myself and for the extra hugs

DiAnn... for patiently encouraging me two years ago when I met her and for giving me a kick in the right direction lately in her Wordsmith group

Melanie... for hugs, emails , wonderful encouragement, and for coming back to Wordsmith

My family and friends... for not asking every other month if I'm published and for believing that I will be

My critique buddies... for catching problems and for your enthusiasm

Members of ACFW... for answering questions I hadn't asked and for sharing tips for success

I appreciate all the help I've received. Know that I love you all.

No comments: