Christmas List

This time of year, children are writing out their wish lists and handing them to parents, but not without preparing for the handoff by putting on their most innocent smile.

With my smile comes a wink. I realize that I'm not getting the things on my list, but it's nice to dream.

1. The Judy Jetson Hairdo Maker:
Many years ago on our early 1970's television, I watched Judy Jetson have her hair done before my very eyes - in seconds - and it looks just fabulous every time. I want one of those machines. Too bad I've only seen the animated cartoon version.

2. Ergonomic Massage Chair with Seat Belt:
I've sat in massage chairs where you press a button, let the rollers bump up and down your spine and you melt into a puddle of mush. When I get my massage chair - in which I will sit and call out spelling words to my kids after school, I won't have to keep adjusting my sitting position because I'll be seat-belted. Also, it will be ergonomically adjusted to my proportions; ergo, it'll be a perfect fit.

3. Stationary Recumbent Bicycle with Laptop Station:
As a writer, I sit in front of my computer for hours without excercising my legs. With this new bicycle, I could lie back, type for hours, and have toned leg muscles. I don't know why these machines aren't for sale at every big box store in America.

4. Rosie, The Jetson's Housekeeper:
Aside from all the trouble that kept plaguing the "futuristic" Jetson family, they had a lot of great stuff to enjoy. When my kids were little, I hired a maid service to help keep my house livably clean. I don't have any maids right now, so if we don't clean house, it's not clean. Rosie the robot housekeeper would sure come in handy.

No comments: