My Goals

My writing goals are as big as mountains to me, so I look at accomplishing my goals as if I were mountain climbing.

Since it’s a good idea to review goals from time to time, I wanted to share some goal-setting, or mountain climbing, tips.

Don't ever go mountain climbing alone. With God as your guide, you’ll know what to pack, when to call it a night, and how to prepare for the next day.

Be a list maker. Create routines, but stay flexible. Constantly make changes to the plan in order to get the important things done.

Keep an adventurous attitude. Don't get bogged down in how long it takes to accomplish a big goal. Notice the little joys along the way. Feel the wind in your hair. If this task is worth doing, it's worth enjoying.

Don't look down until you get where you're going because you might get disoriented or too scared to continue. Focus on the task at hand and always do your best. Take safety precautions. The armor of God will work.

Keep a record of your journey's highlights. That will remind you of how hard you've worked to get where you are and will keep you from giving up.

When you get to the top, take a picture. That will remind you that you made it once. Have that picture handy when you start up that mountain again.

No comments: