Back From Vacation

Recently, my family went to New York City for our vacation. My husband and I had been there before and wanted to share some fun spots with the kids. As expected, they had a blast.

My son had been on an airplane before, but acted so excited about just the flight that everything else about the vacation seemed like icing on the cake. My easy-to-please daughter was happy with simple things like shopping in the M&M World store in Times Square.

We spent a few hours at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Although a few areas were closed due to renovations, we found almost everything we were looking for. I try to visit the MMA every time I go to NYC. It’s always one of the highlights of my trips.

My husband made reservations for us at a couple of his favorite restaurants and enjoyed watching our kids try new things. My son, not a red meat eater, tried a piece of our yummy steak and said it was “okay”. My daughter decided the lamb, calamari, and baklava at our favorite Greek restaurant was quite tasty.

The fact that so many tourists invade Manhattan every summer did not escape me when we ran into a young lady who went to school with my kids. We almost didn’t get on a ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. We almost didn’t go into the gift shop on the small island. But when we shopped there for a souvenir and found my kids’ friend, I had to laugh. In all those people, we were able to visit with someone we actually knew. God has a sense of humor. You never know when He will surprise you with tiny smiles along your journey.

No comments: