Great Summer Reading

If you've never read one of Brandilyn Collins' books, you're missing out.

I've enjoyed her Kanner Lake books, but I finished that series. Right now, she's working on a new title. I really can't wait to buy a copy of the new one. She keeps her readers glued to the pages until the last story question is answered.

When the Kanner Lake series began I was accepted as a Scenes & Beans blogger. What an honor! Now I check out the S&B site to see if there are any new posts. That blog was used in an interesting way in the last book of the series.

Here's my review of Amber Morn by Brandilyn Collins

I love the whole series. All the way through each of the books in the Kanner Lake series, I became entangled in the lives of people who do not exist. I met the most interesting people in a little café called Java Joint, and they made me care about them. And I didn’t want it to end.

But I was happy to see that the final book of the series rounds up all the characters in one giant mess before saying goodbye. Very suspenseful.

The Scenes and Beans blog crew come together at Bailey Truitt’s café, Java Joint, but they couldn’t have known that the blog would be used in a hostage situation right there in Kanner Lake. Bailey and the rest of the crew gather to celebrate the publishing contract that S-Man will sign at the party. However, the party gets a bit of an interruption. Heart-pounding drama fills every page as Kanner Lake is turned inside out.

This book can be enjoyed as a single book, but is the perfect ending to the very entertaining series.

Read my review of Crimson Eve.

No comments: