Seeing God Anew

How many times have you passed by someone who is collecting money for a good cause in front of a grocery store?

Did you feel guilty about not dropping some money into their bucket?

Well, that's not the only way you can help people. You can be generous with your money, but you can also be generous with your loving actions.

When I was young, my dad, my mom, brother, sister, and I were going home from some event in the early evening while it was still daylight. My dad stopped our car in the street by the curb to help a young girl who had fallen off her bicycle. She was our neighbor and she'd hurt herself. My dad put her bike in the trunk of our car and helped her into the front seat of our car, and we took her home.

That has always stood out to me as an example of God's love. My dad didn't worry about his car possibly being hit. His concern was for the girl and getting her home.

This is the kind of thing God wants to see us involved with.

While my dad was caring for someone in need, he was teaching his children to love like God loves - with action.

Join me at my Seek God With Me blog for more ways to see God's love in action.

No comments: