Summer Tip #1

Welcome to the dog days of summer!

I've decided to remind everyone to learn from their past mistakes. Many already have adequate knowledge, but like me, have distractions during key packing moments. So to help out, I've put together a brief summer series of lessons I've learned.

Summer tip #1.
Make sure you bring ALL your sunscreen with you to the beach or pool.

At my house, I have a few bottles of sunscreen. One has been in the laundry room since last summer. One is in my bathroom cabinet. And I think one is in my daughter’s bathroom.

I bought a new one this spring when the big sunscreen display popped up in the grocery store. However, I hadn’t tried to use that bottle yet this year. Recently, the kids were going to spend quite a bit more time in the sun so I pulled out the fabulous new bottle. I was excited to see the new technology that the label boasted about. All my other bottles are squeeze bottles of lotion. This one is a spray can.

Oooh! A spray can! I won’t have to get my fingers all greasy, right?

Well, I didn’t get my fingers greasy. And I didn’t get to see the new technology. I pushed the spray nozzle, but nothing happened. So I pushed it again. And again. My young nephew wanted to give it a try, so he pushed it. Nothing.

I banged it on the bricks out on the back porch in my desperate attempt to produce some kind of reaction from the can. Nothing.

It’s been a couple of months since I bought it so I can’t take it back to the store to exchange it for a can that works. No receipt.

I feel like calling the customer service line to see what that manufacturer has to say about it. I may just ask my husband to work on it for a while.

It’s a good thing I had last year’s lotion for my Plan B.

No comments: