Summer Tip #3

This tip involves foot care because vacationers spend an awful lot of time on their feet.

Summer tip #3.
Choose shoes that fit the activity.

I once took a trip to Chicago with my husband – with no kids along. I went sightseeing in a dress and feminine sandals.

Big mistake.

I think I may have run out of bandages for my blistered feet that year. Before the trip was over, I had to buy a new pair of walking shoes.

When we visited The Big City, my daughter wore her inexpensive rubber clogs all over the city. I wore my comfortable sneakers and got tired a lot more quickly than she did.

Walking the city sidewalks requires a different shoe than climbing a mountain trail. I should’ve learned the shoe lesson in Chicago.

This year when my family and I go hiking, I will not be packing a dress and sandals. I’ll wear my hiking shoes on the trails and get some inexpensive rubber clogs for the museum part of the trip.

If we make smart decisions while planning and packing, we won’t require bandages for our feet.

Hopefully.

Check out my other tips:
Summer Tip #1
Summer Tip #2

No comments: