The Pit

Do you believe in Hell?

The Bible warns that there is a real Hell, and we’re not there yet.

I think people who turn away from God are inevitably creating their own personal Hell right here. They don’t want Hell, but they don’t want God either. What they don’t realize is that when you try to live without God, you're bringing unnecessary trouble on yourself. Life without God is hell.

Some people think life without money is hell. But I know there are those who are financially poor, but spiritually rich. They don’t worry about losing their yacht; they don’t have one. And they’re happy.

If you have God in your life, money is a tool. If you have money as your god, then that tool is your life. And everyone knows how quickly money can leave you. Because the money god doesn't care about your life.

Sad. Have I depressed you enough? Cheer up. I have good news.

If you’re someone who feels like you’re living in the pit of hell, I want to throw you a lifeline. I’m discussing how to be rescued from the pit on my devotional blog, Seek God With Me.

No comments: