Awesome Concert

This past weekend, I was privileged to be in the audience at a Third Day concert. Never having been to their concert before, I was going on the recommendation of someone I once worked with. I also loved their song Revelation when I heard it on the radio.

The first time we saw Mac Powell on stage, he introduced a video. Fans love a cool behind-the-scenes video. After the video, we watched the amazing performance of Glory Revealed and listened to scripture taking flight on the wings of tender, upbeat, emotional music.

Then after Mac Powell led the band that opened for Mac Powell, Third Day band members took the stage and were introduced to the roar of fans’ applause. He admitted he wasn’t feeling 100%, but if Mac hadn’t said anything, no one would’ve noticed. His voice was powerful.

The funniest thing that happened was when the band finished a Charlie Daniels Band song and said, “Good night, everybody.” I think most of the audience saw through that tiny bit of deceit. Acting like they were going home after that song. Right. Revelation is their big hit and they hadn’t sung it yet. Kind of obvious, ya know.

So after a few encore songs, they finally gave me what I wanted. Believe me, it was well worth the wait.

I’m glad I went to the concert because I enjoyed the satisfying, soul-nourishing, heart-filling music, but I think my husband and kids enjoyed it as much as I did. Third Day can ROCK!

No comments: