Success in Battle

I was watching America’s Got Talent with my kids and noticed that the judges couldn’t agree on which performers should go forward to the next level of competition. Auditions took a lot of time as thousands of people hoped for the best. Only the most talented people would survive the cut. After sorting through the acts, the judges came up with a list of possible winners. The judges’ priorities helped them decide why one male singer would win over another.

This reminds me of the army that Gideon took with him into battle. There were thousands of applicants and only 300 slots to fill. God’s priorities helped him pick one warrior over another.

Today on Seek God With Me, I’m sharing my thoughts on the way Gideon won the battle. He started out with the understanding that he couldn’t win without God’s help. That’s something we all should remember.

For more on Gideon’s army, read my devotional blog post at Seek God With Me.