God Bless the Old Folks

One of the funny moments my family remembers is when my little brother was asked to pray over our meal when he was five or six years old. We were visiting my mom’s uncles and aunts. Everyone bowed their head and waited for their food to be blessed by God from the prayer of a child. My brother was brief, but a little distracted. No one knows what he was thinking that day. He ended his prayer with, “And God bless the old folks for they know not what they do.”

We never could figure out that prayer, but we agreed with a grin. Yes, God, bless the old folks.

Today at Seek God With Me, I’m reminding us all about the need for respect in our homes, churches, and schools. If we don’t learn respect for young and old alike in those common places, where will we learn it?

Join me at Seek God With Me.