Summer Reading, part ten


Are you keeping up with the selections this week? I’m enjoying the stroll through the Psalms, and I hope you are too. Today we’re studying Psalm 53 through Psalm 56.

My devotional blog is called Seek God With Me. Psalm 53:2 tells us that God wants to know “if there are any who understand, any who seek God.” Those who seek God know that God holds all wisdom and understanding, and he will reveal secrets to those who call to him. Verse 4 reminds us why the wicked have no understanding: “they never call on God.”

Everyone goes through some difficulty now and again. When we do, Psalm 54:4 is a great place to feast. “Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.” We can fill ourselves up with the satisfying words of God until we are energized to confront whatever faces us.

Psalm 55:16 is another good memory verse for those momentary difficulties. We can remind ourselves with this verse that there is someone in whom we can put our trust. “As for me, I call to God, and the Lord saves me.” And a few lines away, another reminder in verse 22, “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.”

Summer is a great time for a Bible Study. Don’t you think? Next time, we’ll look at Psalms 57 through 62. Enjoy!

No comments: