Stand and Walk

Ever make a mistaek?

I've made plenty. But after receiving forgiveness, it's time to stand and walk.

God didn't create us to be groveling dirt-eaters. We were created to walk with God. It's all about Him.

When we see His hand reaching out to us, it's not for our glory, but His. He's trying to help us. If we'll accept His help, we'll be more effective in what He's called us to do. If we help each other through His strength, everyone is blessed.

I'm rewriting one of my stories in preparation for a writing seminar in a couple of weeks. It's not a Christian writing seminar, but I expect God to be there. I hope to learn a lot. But I also will be wearing my inner armor in anticipation of "helpful" criticism that might strike a nerve. I'm a big girl. I can take it.

Maturity is something that develops over time. Practicing self-discipline also helps. This applies to maturing as a writer too. All writers start "young" and have their own development speed. I want to have seasoned writing skills before my physical age gets too high.

Just because I strive for maturity, doesn't mean there's no immaturity in me trying to bubble up to the surface. I fight back the Three Stooges inclination in me. I stiffen my arms instead of shadow boxing as an "Ol' Meanie" walks away from me. "Oh, yeah?" "Yeah."

I have to walk away from temptation and walk toward the goal God has placed before me. When I arise from bended knee, I must stand and walk.

No comments: