Good News - Bad News

The good news is... my work in progress is going smoothly.
The bad news is... I still worry about it being less than superb.

The good news is... I've studied my craft well enough to write a good story.
The bad news is... I don't know everything about writing.

The good news is... I know that I don't know everything about writing.
The bad news is... I still don't know everything about writing.

Sometimes I catch myself going through the dismal joyless blues. Then, being the optimist in the family, I find something good to say in the midst of it. However when I stop at the bad news, it takes a little longer to get the cold engine of my optimism running again.

In school, I was the daydreamer. Our elementary school had nice large windows in all our classrooms. When the teacher lost my attention, it was usually because the wind was swinging on our swingset outside. It didn't take long for me to "see" children playing on the playground and imagine what each one would do.

The good news is... I had fun in school.
The bad news is... my mind was playing on the playground without permission.
The good news is... I graduated with my class.
The bad news is... I was totally clueless about which degree to get in college.
The good news is... I got my BSHE and my MRS.
The bad news is... the job I wanted was unavailable because the industry centralized and put the experienced workers out of a job.
The good news is... I got a job as a manager.
The bad news is... I worked in the mall.
The good news is... my husband got a great job.
The bad news is... okay, I can't think of any bad news after this.

That's what happens when I think of how God has changed my life. He has been with me from before I was born and has blessed me in and out of trials. No life is full of only good news. I love knowing that when the trials come, God is already there with a plan. What bad news can stand up to God??

The good news is... Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and the Name above every name that can be named.
The bad news is... there are some in the world that don't know this.
The good news is... they will.

1 comment:

Valerie Hudson said...

Thank you for reminding us that although we live in a good news/bad news society, that the final word is that there is GOOD news in the message of Jesus Christ for all who will listen.