Terri's Brother

I'm working on my writing. Training. Learning. Improving. And going to concerts.

My sister invited my family to a Wayne Kerr concert at her church. Of course I wanted to go. My husband and I've been on a mission trip with him. He's talented, fun, and has a huge heart for God.

He related funny anecdotes about his recent trip to Indonesia. He thinks teens need to spend time in other countries so they won't take for granted all the freedoms they have here. When we leave home and stay a couple of weeks overseas, we learn a lot about other cultures. Punctuality and personal space take various forms depending on where you go. It sometimes takes a little getting used to.

Wayne is a great singer/song writer, but he's also Terri's brother. I met Terri and her husband Dave before I went on my first mission trip. She has an awesome voice. She and our friend Vickie and I sang in Belize, Jamaica, and Texas at various events before we had kids. Years later, the trio split up. It wasn't geographically convenient to continue since Terri and Dave left Texas for a great job - and I was busy raising my little family. I miss seeing her, but I appreciate the chance to go to Wayne's concerts when I know about them.

Thanks for the wonderful worship music, Wayne. Enjoyed the prayertime-video. Hope your wife had a happy birthday.

No comments: