The Nativity Story

I don't usually put movie reviews on my blog, but today I can't help it. I must tell how much I enjoyed seeing The Nativity Story.

I loved it, loved it, loved it!

Superb acting. Breathtaking landscapes. And really good popcorn, but that had nothing to do with my enjoyment of the movie. Really.

The story was familiar, but the telling of it captivated me. The way the actors brought the words to life - the words I grew up reading - made them seem new.

I was drawn into each scene. I felt the joy Elizabeth showed at Mary's arrival. I wanted to look around in the room where the wise men kept their technology. I wanted to run out of the way when the soldiers rode up on horseback.

The wise men were very entertaining. They gave the movie an amusing lightness. I really wonder if the real wise men were "wise guys".

So here's a big thank you to everyone associated with that movie. Very well done. And much appreciated.

Thanks.

No comments: