Learning To Obey

There are plenty of things I have to do whether I want to or not. Rules I have to follow. Actions I have to take.

But we're all in that same boat. No one gets to do everything they want. Not even children.

I have to train my children to pick up after themselves, serve others, and participate in their own education (do homework). They'd rather just play.

I don't blame them, I'd rather just play too. But I can't. My goal is success and success takes work.

If they don't learn to follow instructions, how will they be able to succeed as adults? They have to learn to obey me now as children so when they get a job, they'll be able to obey the rules and take home a paycheck as their reward.

Today on my Seek God With Me blog, I posted about being determined to obey, especially if you don't want to do what you're asked. There's usually a reward for obedience, even if you don't see it right away.

3 comments:

Deena Peterson said...

I would love to review one of your novels...do you ever send any out as review copies??

Unknown said...

I find that obedience (while the absolute hardest character trait to which we pledge allegience) is the key to moving forward in the plan that God has for each of us. In that quest we are forced to face all of our inadequacies allowing God to be God.

Domino said...

Deena,
Thanks so much! I would love to give you a copy - except that they're not published yet. I'll make the announcement on this blog and on my web site, so be patient and keep checking for the good news.

Melanie,
Thanks for your comment. I love it when you stop by.

Hugs to you both!