Wading Into The Deep

Do you live near an ocean?

I live near the Gulf of Mexico. When I’m at the beach, I can wade in the shallow waters and look across the horizon at the water that never seems to end. The water reminds me of God. It’s enormous and filled with life.

I don’t have any beachfront property, but if I did, I’d sit outside everyday and listen to the waves sing to me. The calm voice of the foamy water surging in it’s own rhythm soothes me. It has an eternal whisper.

If only we could understand the language of the waves.

The Gulf of Mexico was a part of the earth long before I was. The Bible tells us it isn’t eternal. There will be a new earth eventually.

But for now, its longevity anchors me, steadies me, and makes me think of God.

Is there something in your life that brings out the eternal in your conversation? What is eternal in your life?

This is a good place to start when you want to talk about deep things with your kids.

The habit of meaningful conversation will help your efforts to better your relationships with your kids or anyone you love. To aid in getting started, Mary DeMuth has made available a package of 150 conversation starters as a download for $5.”

Check out the FREE STUFF page on Mary’s website where you can find NINE FREE STARTERS.

No comments: