Who Wants Ice Cream?

In my family, both in my growing up years and in my mothering years, kids have always loved ice cream. It’s sweet, cold, yummy. And there are so many varieties to choose from. Almost everyone has a different favorite flavor. But almost everyone likes vanilla.

So in my family when someone asks, “Who wants ice cream?” Everyone gets excited. There’s a rush to the kitchen. The games and discussions cease, and the hands reach out for their own bowl of ice cream.

That’s what I think it should be like when we talk about forgiveness. I’ve tasted forgiveness – and I like it. I don’t know very many people who haven’t tasted it. It’s more important to receive than a bowl of ice cream.

So why do some people act like they don’t get to have any?

Read more on this discussion at Seek God With Me.

No comments: