Lose Something?

Doesn’t it drive you nuts to lose something in your home?

There have been moments when I’ve lost something, and it took a while to find it. I’ve looked high and low, behind things, under things, and still I couldn’t find it. I knew it was around there somewhere because it wasn’t a living thing and couldn’t move on its own. But it wasn’t there.

I wondered what outside source could’ve come onto the scene and moved it. I wondered if I accidentally hid it from myself. Did I put it somewhere and forget about it?

When I knew it had to be there nearby somewhere, I’d get distracted away from whatever else I could’ve been doing and get really focused on finding it.

That’s how God wants us to be when we’re searching for Him. You ask yourself, “Where’s God in this situation?” He’s there. You just have to look harder. He even gave us a Bible verse to motivate us to keep looking for Him. Deuteronomy 4:29 “But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.”

I’ll continue this discussion about searches with you on my Seek God With Me devotional blog.

No comments: