Superheroes Living Among Us

Recently, while my daughter and I were at a grocery store, a rainstorm surprised us. After we paid for our food, we saw other groups of people waiting for a lull in the rain before venturing out to the parking lot. We decided our frozen foods wouldn’t allow us to wait very long. Since we didn’t have an umbrella with us, we had to walk out to the car knowing we would get wet.

My daughter walked much faster than I did and started unloading our bags into her car. I was still a good distance from her car when I heard a woman’s voice behind me. “Ma’am. Ma’am. Do you need an umbrella?”

When I turned to see if I knew the woman, I didn’t recognize her. We’d never met.

She held her umbrella over me and walked with me all the way to my daughter’s car. My daughter was trying to unload all our bags quickly and hadn’t unlocked the car. This woman held her umbrella over me until the car was unlocked and I was inside.

I was amazed at this woman’s kind and generous effort to keep me from getting soaked to the skin—especially now when everyone is trying to keep their distance from each other.

She didn’t have to do that. She didn’t know me, but she sacrificed a couple of minutes to help me during a summer storm.

Would you call that heroic?

I would because I was expecting to be drenched as I walked in a rainstorm to the car.

This is another example of the superheroes who live among us. Are you one of them?

You can be.

Find out if you’ve done one of the simple steps to living like a superhero when you read the 4 Steps to Living Like a Superhero series. The fourth book, Anyone Can Be a Superhero in Summer is available now.

 

“This would be a good companion for a prayer circle or study/discussion group” – Amazon review

“It's so timely! How we are able to be of help to others this summer is nothing like our circumstances and opportunities in the past.” – Amazon review

No comments: