Two Heads Are Better Than One

Recently, I was able to visit Seattle with my husband. We had a wonderful time. He was there on business, and I joined him for sightseeing when he wasn't busy.

Seattle is rich in fun activities for the family. Scouting for a family vacation site for later, we enjoyed the Aquarium, the Skyneedle, and the Harbor Cruise. We also rode the monorail and a streetcar. We caught the Mariners playing in Safeco Field and walked the many, many blocks back to our hotel.

I'm tired, but happy. I was told there are only about 50 days in a year that you can see both Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker from the Skyneedle. It was clear enough to see both when I was there.

I took in as many details of the city as I could, but when I asked questions of my husband, I noticed he saw things differently than I did. Our perspectives differed, but when combined, it made our total experience richer. Maybe I'll use Seattle as a setting in one of my stories. Enjoying the city with my husband made it a little more romantic.

We enjoyed the market along the water. I saw colorful bundles of fragrant flowers, but we ended up buying the cherries that he noticed. We ate in a great seafood restaurant that he picked out, but sampled food from each other's plate.

We were there for the annual Seafair parade. We saw the Motorcycle Police drill team. These men in uniform drove their motorcycles in tight patterns, weaving through each other's lines. An amazing sight. We saw the Chinese community's dancing dragon, Seattle's mayor, and the parade's Grand Marshall - Darth Vader (complete with a selection of his white-suited clone army soldiers).

Having someone to enjoy this with made the experience more fun. I highly recommend marriage. It's a good thing.

1 comment:

LaShaunda said...

Hi Domino,

I read your comments on Kelli's blog and popped over to yours.

Great comments about mothers.

Yeah being married is fun too.

I was in Seattle about twenty years ago. I was amazed by the trees. I took a bunch of pictures of trees. LOL I was on vacation, living in Guam at the time. They didn't have trees.