Strength for Today

Like everyone else, I have a lot to do. I must prioritize if I plan to get the important things done. But sometimes, I lack the motivation to do the things that need doing. I need a strong hand giving me a gentle push in the right direction.

That hand is God. According to Psalm 28, He is the strength of His people. He will help if I call on Him, but He won't do my work for me.

When I get the blahs I can curl up in my Heavenly Father's lap and complain away. When I've finished, I can look into those loving eyes and know that I still have to do my own work.

He's always there for me. He won't let me get by with doing less than my best just because I flash a smile at Him. He watches over me, just like my earthly father did when I had to clean my room.

Sometimes I need strength for today. God comforts, heals, and motivates me to press on. Although many people have greater needs than I do and I have been blessed greatly by God, I still need to be wrapped in His arms and let Him carry me from time to time.

We all have much to do so I will pray the last verse of Psalm 28 for all of us. "Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever."

God, I thank You for Your abundant love for all of us and for giving each of us strength for today.

No comments: