ACFW conference

I get to go to the American Christian Fiction Writers conference this week. Oh Boy! I can't wait! I can't wait!

I've been looking forward to meeting like-minded individuals face-to-face. I've been looking forward to learning from respected established authors in the workshops. I feel like a puppy hearing her Master turning the key in the lock. A door is about to open. It's hard to sit when my tail is wagging so hard.

I can imagine that after I get home - with oodles of new ideas about how to change my stories for the better- I will be very busy. I can see my characters rubbing their hands together in anticipation. Some are rolling up their sleeves, ready to get to work.

This will be the first time I've been to an ACFW conference. Probably not the last.

How will I be able to hold a decent conversation? How will I be able to stop stammering with excitement? I don't know.

Lately, I've been working on a two-sentence description of my current story. My office walls aren't adept at giving critiques, but I think it sounds pretty good. I can have my two sentences handy either on the tip of my tongue or on an index card. I can read it, if necessary. I just know someone will ask me what I'm working on.

I'll pack light and save room to bring home a couple of autographed books.

Can you see my smile? Nashville, here I come.

I can't wait.

No comments: