Falling in love

I love the feeling of falling in love.

I love reading the sweet parts in Christian romance novels. Sometimes, I giggle at the characters' reactions when they realize they've fallen in love and there's nothing they can do about it. So they might as well stop fighting it. Just accept it and enjoy it.

When the whole "head over heels" feeling hits, it's sigh time. That's so fun to write. Butterflies. Dizzy spells. Rubbery legs. Stammering speech. That incredibly wonderful awful feeling.

The good part is: I've experienced it in my life. But I know how if feels to lose that momentary feeling too. Some say that feeling is just a chemical reaction. The feeling doesn't last forever, but the romance can if you work at it.

You have to work at anything you want to keep in your life. If you want to keep your teeth, keep them brushed and flossed. If you want a pretty garden, keep it watered, fertilized, and weeded. If you want romance in your life, keep your mate in suspense about how you're going to show your love next.

I've fallen in love with my husband many times. This December, my husband and I will celebrate the 25th anniversary of our first date. To God be the glory - I think He's the one that set us up.

If you're continually working on keeping love in your life, that feeling will come back.

No comments: