Thinking of God

I went to an awesome concert recently. I knew most of the songs already so I, like most in attendance, sang along with the performers most of the night. It wasn't a concert in the traditional sense: listen to the song and clap when the song is over. It was a church service in a large auditorium: people standing, hands raised, eyes moistened with emotion. The energy level in that place was great.

I believe this concert's goal was not to draw people to the performers, but to draw people to God. I felt like the whole room was leaning in to God, pressing in to His presence, asking to be closer to the God who is absolutely... Indescribable.

I want my writing to be like that.

When someone finishes one of my books, I want their first thoughts to be of the God who gives good gifts and who stirs up those gifts by His Spirit.

Praise, Glory, and Honor to God, for He alone is worthy.

And thanks, Chris. I enjoyed the concert.

No comments: