ACFW Conference

I've attended the ACFW Conference for the past two years and have enjoyed what it's done for my writing.

It seems when I hang out with multi-published authors, I become quite reserved and shy. It might be best that I don't say too much. I'm the inexperienced one.

Even though I don't feel comfortable mentoring other writers, I'm not treated as a beginner. At the ACFW conferences I attended, I was shown mercy, kindness, and respect. I was given friendship and advice.

The people are amazing, and the workshops are truly worth the expense and effort. I took notes and bought recordings of some workshops I couldn't attend.

This year's continuing classes are divided according to genre. I'll be in a class with others who share my interests in a more specific way. Last year was my first year to attend the Late Night Chats. I'll stay up this year to do that again.

I didn't attend last year's Early Bird class, but I did sign up this time. This year's class will be taught by Margie Lawson. I took her online course last fall and blogged about how good it was.

I'm so excited! I can't wait for September. My critique partner will be there too. Hooray!

No comments: