Book Meme

I'm still enjoying the Chris Tomlin song on my July 26 post. If you missed it, scroll down, hit the archives, or check it out here.


Meanwhile, I thought I'd try out this meme I found on some other blogs:

1. What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to?

I would really like to finish my one historical (Civil War era) novel that I was planning to make into a three-book series. I stopped working on it when I decided to focus all my efforts on Contemporary fiction.

2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, which book would you start with?

I generally reach for a Kristen Heitzmann book, but right now on my To Be Read list are See No Evil and Caught in the Act by Gayle Roper, followed by Reluctant Runaway by Jill Elizabeth Nelson, followed by Midnight Sea by Colleen Coble.

3. What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)?

My paper and pencil fiasco was what led me to save my stories on the computer. It's hard to save a copy of your work when you erase to change the story and then decide that erasing was a mistake.

I don't think I saved any stories on my husband's Commodore 64. It was probably the one after that - and I don't know if it had a name. He bought it at a store where he could pick and choose components to get his perfect customized computer. What a sweet geek. Ya gotta know I love him.

4. What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?

As a mom who lets the kids distract her with the occasional, "Mom, you gotta come see this!", I barely get through two novels in a month. I know, it's sad. I actually read faster than that, but not while I'm driving, not while I'm cooking, not while I'm... You get the picture.

5. What's your favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned?

The answer to this will probably always be the current machine. My last Dell got old and stopped. I think it still works, but since it stopped right around Christmastime last year, my beloved husband bought me a new Dell, my new favorite. I've never owned a Mac, to my brother's chagrin. Maybe next time.

6. Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read?

I prefer contemporary stories, but my favorite historical time period is the Civil War era.

7. What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?

I remember reading Where The Red Fern Grows while I was stretched out in the back of our 1970s brown station wagon on vacation somewhere in the northwestern states. I don't clearly remember the exact story, but I do vividly remember how it affected me. It was the first book that was so real to me that I cried. I'd never stopped reading to cry before.

Funny how movies make me cry pretty often, but books have to be so well written that I'm in the setting, looking around, almost touching the characters.

If you'd like to answer these on your blog, consider yourself tagged. Enjoy!

No comments: