Now For Some Writing Time

It's difficult for me to find enough writing time in the summer. I spend a lot of time with my kids. I hug them, discipline them, play with them, and clean up after them. But this week is writing week!

I sent the kids to camp.

They're expectations are set on having lots of fun. They'll be with their church friends, and they're familiar with the adult chaperones. So even though they're young, they'll be fine. I might worry, but they'll be fine.

Actually, I'm much calmer now than I was when I dropped them off. I realized they've gone to our church since they were born. All the adult chaperones know them and would recognize them in a crowd and will watch out for them.

They know them because my kids are regular church attenders. My husband and I have gone to church together regularly since we were in college. We want to live in God's wisdom and we want our kids to find God's wisdom on their own. This is a very good way to start them on their own journey toward God.

If you don't attend church regularly, check out my Domino Club post on this subject.

I view church attendance as a way to build your faith, a way to give back to God, and a way to build a support system of people who will pray for each other.


Now, I'm going to write in silence.

No comments: