Thanksgiving

I love that we have a national holiday to remind us to give thanks to God for all He's done for us.

My only problem with that is that we shouldn't need a reminder. We should be thanking God all year long anyway. But we don't.

On my Seek God With Me blog, I've posted about the lone leper who gave thanks to God while nine others went on their way. It's a challenging story. It makes me think about how often I've had opportunity to thank God.

If you want to challenge yourself, check it out here.

1 comment:

Valerie Hudson said...

I've been reading up on the origin of Thanksgiving and how it has moved from being a time of regional thanksgiving to God, to a time of thanksgiving offered by our newly birthed nation, to Lincoln's proclamation regarding the "ever-watchful providence of Almighty God", to a time focused on holiday food and decorations, football games and naps, ... with a little moment of thanksgiving to God thrown in the mix. I enjoy the fun and the family time as much as the next person, but for myself, I am taking time to refocus on why I am thankful, and to Whom I am thankful. (1 Thess 5:18).