Are You A Novelist?

Are you a novelist? Then you’ll be interested in attending the American Christian Fiction Writers conference.

I’ve been to a few of them, and they’re awesome. I won’t be there this year because I’m a mom, and I have responsibilities around home this year. When I’ve been able to get away and get involved in the conference, I’ve learned a lot. However, this year because of my beloved children, I’ll need to purchase the recordings– I love that I can do that!

The ACFW conference is in Denver next week, September 17 – 20, 2009.

This year’s keynote speaker is Debbie Macomber. Maybe you’ve read her novels, maybe you knit, but with more than 100 million copies of her books in print worldwide, you will learn something about her success story by attending the ACFW conference.

If you’re a first-timer, you’ll want to attend the first-time attendees orientation on Thursday afternoon.

Whether you need to attend the Foundational Basics workshop by Jim and Tracie Peterson or the University of Fiction “5 Hour Degree” workshop by Allen Arnold and Karen Ball, you can find a class for any skill level. There are classes that teach on characterization, point of view, plotting, and dialogue. You can even take classes related to the business side of publishing.

You’ll enjoy listening to novelists, agents, and editors in the workshops they will teach. Plus, you'll get to speak to these awesome publishing professionals at lunch and dinner.

In addition, there are late night chats with editors from a variety of publishing houses on Thursday night. The agents take their turn on Friday night.

If you can get away to Denver next week, do it. Your fiction will thank you.

2 comments:

AngBreidenbach said...

Such a great post!
Thank you,
Angie
http://www.MyGemofWisdom.com

Domino said...

Hi Angie,

I enjoyed meeting you at the ACFW conference in Dallas. Wish I could go to everyone of them.

Thanks for stopping by.