Music is Celebration

Our Thanksgiving Day is a holiday we celebrate as Americans, but Christmas is celebrated all around the globe. If the whole world could pick one day to come together and express thanks for our individual blessings, not only would I be stunned by God once again making the impossible possible, I would also expect to hear celebration music from many different cultures.

I remember my children singing unashamedly during their play time. They made up their own songs or sang songs they heard on CDs. That memory makes me wonder what life would be like if adults belted out songs of thanksgiving when something good happened. What if adults used Thanksgiving weekend to show appreciation to God by singing to him?

Join me at Seek God With Me for a look at how we celebrate in song. Birthday parties have their song. What should we sing on Thanksgiving Day?

No comments: