Heroes Who Don't Fly Solo



I’ve reviewed a lot of movies on this site. You can look them up by decade in the sidebar or you can look them up in the search bar at the top of the screen. I’ve enjoyed noticing what makes a hero lovable in the movies. It’s usually because he’s selfless and cares about someone so desperately that he’ll do anything to save the day. That’s the kind of heroes I like to write about.

So this month, I’m pointing out the humility in a hero. And today, I’m all about teamwork. 

Teamwork is the idea that getting others in on the act of saving the day will make the success more likely. One good way to show teamwork is to take a look at heroes who don’t fly solo. 

Many of the superheroes and classic movie heroes needed a sidekick or a buddy to make the success happen. Some could only achieve success with the help of a mentor or authority figure clearing out a mess for them.

If we think of Lord of the Rings, we see that success wouldn’t have happened without a team. Luke Skywalker needed the help of his droids, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Han Solo. Ingenuity alone isn’t enough. 

What are your favorite movies that don’t rely on the strengths of one hero? Let me know in the comments.

ALSO: Sign up in the sidebar to get the private announcement of when my first novel will be released. Subscribe and be the first to know.


No comments: